Monday, August 25, 2008

Smothered in Tasty, Texas Style

Well, we were getting ready to leave New York City, and I thought all our culinary escapades were behind us. But not so! Our hosts graciously took us to a fine BBQ restaurant for brunch. Located in the Flatiron district, Hill Country Texas BBQ is a tasty and unique dining experience.

The food is served market style, so it's something like a very upscale cafeteria or a dim sum where you go to the food. There are pods for meats, drinks, desserts, sides, etc. As you go from pod to pod, you bring them your card, and they mark what you take to eat on that. When you're finished, you take your card up to the registers, and you're charged for what you ate.

I couldn't resist their thick cut bacon, which was excellent. Our hosts insisted that I get some brisket, which I happily agreed to, and I certainly don't regret it. I decided to enjoy some corn pudding and green chili and cheese grits. All of the food was really hearty, satisfying, stick-to-your ribs stuff, and the prices were extremely reasonable, as my meal, with a drink included was less than $10.00.

This stop was a nice surprise, and I don't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to everyone.

- The Happy Bear

2 comments:

Adam G said...

Sounds really nice.

Did you do a well cultured burp aftewards?

The Happy Bear said...

Hmmm...well, I don't particularly recall the nature of my burp, but I'm sure there was one, cultured or no. :)