Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome! My Mission Statement (for what that's worth.)

Howdy, folks. Very pleased you could take the time to stop by.

Yes, I'm a bear. An urban bear to be precise. I live with a bunch of other urban critters in a nice house, and we generally have a good time together. As I amble through life, it really kills me to see other folks so wound up about this or that, never having a chance to relax and enjoy life at a bear's pace. See, we urban bears make great hedonists, but we're also very generous with our hedonistic tendencies. If we find something tasty, like some honeycomb, then everyone gets some honeycomb. What fun is finding something tasty, or fun, or interesting, or beautiful, if you can't share it with other folks?

So that's what this blog is for. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on with my bearish self, an' maybe some of my friends will drop in, occassionally, too. And when I find things that I think are worth eating, or doing, or seeing, or admiring...well, I'll share 'em. How's that for a mission statement?

Kinda vague? Well, I guess that's 'cause I don't wanna get pinned down. I wanna be able to talk about food, movies, books, games, places, events, and anything else that feels like it's worth mentioning.

Maybe then some of you folks rushing around out there will stop, take a breath, and then try to take life at a more bearish pace.

That's me: Making the World a Better Place to Live Life at a Bear's Pace. Heh. I like that.

- The Happy Bear

No comments: